1) According to an Edison Media research study 23.1 million people listened to the game on the radio. The game aired on over 680 radio stations in the US and listeners tuned in from all different locations including their home, in the car and at work.
2) Nielsen reports the total number of television viewers has increased over the last ten years from 86 million in 2002 to more than 111 million this year.
3) Over the last ten years the number of women who watch the game has increased by 3% bringing the audience close to being an even split at 54% male 46% female.
4) The Super Bowl audience is becoming more affluent. The number of viewers who make over $100,000 annually has grown from 16% of the audience in 2002 to 30% this year. Likewise the number of viewers making between $25,000 and $49,999 annually has dropped from 28% to 22% of the audience.
5) The National Chicken Council estimates Americans ate 1.25 billion wings while watching the game making it the second most popular snack behind dips and spreads.